Future urban planner. Responsible investment research professional. Transit advocate.
Diagnosis. Insights. Engagement. Initiative. Multilingual.
Jean-François has 10+ years of experience in financial services, media, sustainability consulting, and public policy. He has worked with firms and governments in Europe, Latin America, the U.K., and the U.S. His research has helped financial institutions to adopt socially-responsible investment practices as former Lead Analyst at Sustainalytics. Jean-François has a reputation for applying creative approaches to problem-solving. He has written about how investors can protect the environment through reduced deforestation and flooding. Jean-François is fluent in French and Spanish, and is available to work in those languages. He is the Executive Director of A Voice for Transit, an advocacy organization focused on transit equity in the Toronto region.
He holds an Honors in Business Administration from the Ivey Business School at Western University, where he did an exchange term at the Rotterdam School of Management at Eramus University in The Netherlands. In 2016, he obtained the Canadian Securities Certificate. Jean-François is currently enrolled in the Master of Planning program at Ryerson University while holding a Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship. (Master’s)
His work has been featured in the following sources:
- Circular Investing, pp.48-54 Sustainalytics, January 29, 2021 – Christine Ha Kong, CFA, Jean-François Obregón, Martin Vezér, PhD
- Inequitable Transit in Toronto, A Voice for Transit, May 5, 2020 – Faizan Ahmed, Ozora Amin, Devan Moura, Jean-François Obregón
- How insurers ready for catastrophe, Morningstar Canada, April 9, 2020 – Andrew Willis
- Insuring a volatile planet (chapter), 10 for 2020: Creating Impact Through Thematic Investing, Sustainalytics, January 2020 – Jean-François Obregón, Justin Cheng, Megan Wallingford, Doug Morrow
- Beef, Banks and the global context behind Brazil’s deforestation, Corporate Knights, August 27, 2019 – Jean-François Obregón, Jessica Grant and Thijs Huurdeman
- Brazil: Deforestation in the Global Context – Part 2, Sustainalytics, August 22, 2019 – Jean-François Obregón, Jessica Grant and Thijs Huurdeman
- Brazil: Deforestation in the Global Context, Sustainalytics, July 24, 2019 – Jean-François Obregón, Jessica Grant and Thijs Huurdeman
- Can Italian Banks Avoid Another Financial Crisis?, Sustainalytics, April 30, 2019 – Jean-François Obregón
- Money where it matters, Corporate Knights, May 4, 2011 – Jean-François Obregón